Friday, February 27, 2015

Solera Winters; "Journey to the UnderWorld"


Solera Winters

"Journey to the UnderWorld"

an Olympian Seductions Novel



 The Review:


Within these pages, I found the the Gods and Goddesses I found to believe in as I read my Mythology and Greek stories through Junior High and High School are now brought to a whole new level. One here on Earth, and in the here and now. 

Kory Burke, as she prefers to go by, though, not her given name, is the daughter of Demeter, who actually prefers to be called Demi. Demeter and Kory run a Nursery, "Demeter's Nursery", which is her pride and joy. 

 Kory is taking singing lessons from a Professor Stradham, however her Mother feels that it is a waste of her talents, and feels her talents belong in the Nursery. 

Deven Thanos, is after revenge on Demeter, and learns of her daughter, and sends Kory's manager invitation for Kory to try out. Of course, this excites, Kory. 

Afterall, the television slogan for the UnderWorld is: "The UnderWorld: where sin is just another word for pleasure." To Kory, a singing gig, and for a place like the UnderWorld were a dream come true!

Deven Thanos, who is Hades, when he finally gets to meet Kory, didn't intend to, but his feelings for her were much more than he had anticipated. He wanted her in so many ways. He felt things he had never felt before. 

When Kory met Deven, she too was drawn to him, and felt things. However, she was just an innocent, and knew nothing of the World in which she entered.

On top of it all, she was a virgin. 

She tries out, and sings, and amazes even herself. Thanos shows her around, but lays down rules. He doesn't want her to see things, until he is ready. 

But curious, innocent little Kory, goes with her Mother's friends Polly and Joy, also Goddesses, that she is unaware of. And gets an eye full of shock. 

Deven and Kory end up falling for one another, deeper and deeper and keeping the relationship under hats from her Mother. 

But remember what we don't do to Mother Nature?

Unknown to Kory, her Mother is "Mother Nature" and as the phrase is commonly said: "Its not nice to fool Mother Nature." eventually, Kory 'see's' the light of day and realizes that the road she has traveled in her life, when her Mother has became angry, has resulted in things such as:

Hurricane Katrina when they once lived in New Orleans
Hurricane Sandy  when they lived in Atlantic City
Hurricane Andrew in Florida
and last but not least
Hurricane Hugo in South Carolina
and even a bad Winter Storm up North.

Eventually a nosy Hermes gets involved. And little be known to all, Hecate, had recorded the debut of Kory on her debut night, but also an added bonus. And nosy little Hermes goes to Demeter with the evidence.

Now we have a storm of the century on our hands, and Zues must get involved. 

Kory then learn the truth that Deven is Hades and her Mother is the Goddess Mother Nature, and runs from them both. She is now more confused than ever.

She must choose. 

As she does so, she too learns of her powers, and even thinks about Deven, and her Mother. 

~~~~~~

The book was a very interesting read. I truly enjoyed the experience of the dominatrix and submissive, and how explanatory it was. 

I also enjoyed just how sexy Hades seemed, I was very much in love with him myself!

~~~~~~


Now Here are my Questions for Solera!




 1. What made you write this book?

For several years I had the idea that the Persephone and Hades myth might make an excellent journey into D/s. It was an idea I kept coming back to. I love Greek mythology and finally when I needed an idea a couple of years ago for NanoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) I decided to write it.


2. Are any of the Characters derived from real people?

I guess if you can call the mythological gods "real." LMAO. Seriously though, there are bits and composites of real people in all my characters. It's how I make my characters come to life. I think of a trait that the character needs and then try to think of anyone I know that has that personality and while the person themselves isn't in the story, parts of them are.


3. Which character is your favorite?

No question, that has to be Deven. He captured my heart. He's just so sexy. 


4. How long have you been working on this book?

I've been working on this one since the end of 2012. It went through a couple of full revisions before it was ready for public eyes. I wrote the first draft in 30 days for the NanoWriMo that year and then put it away for awhile. 


5. What are your future writing plans?

I always have lots of plans. :) Next month I have another short coming out in a box set with several other authors called Lucky Stars. The Olympian Seductions series will go on too. I plan to release the next book in the fall. It's a real fun one with Dionysus (the god of wine and orgies--the ultimate partier). It is also set in The UnderWorld, but has a totally different feel. Dionysus falls for two mortals so it's a menage and it's a retelling of the Theseus, Ariadne and Dionysus myth. It's a little lesser known that Persephone and Hades, so that gives me a little more freedom with the story. I'm writing it now and going through all the ups and downs that requires, but I'm loving it and can't wait for readers to read that story as well.

6. What are your hobbies, besides writing?

I do a little painting (mostly acrylics) and sometimes play with ceramics. I'm an avid reader as well so try to get in reading every day too.

7. How long have you been writing?

I tried writing when I was in 6th grade in a take off of Nancy Drew mysteries. I've written off and on my entire life. In 2007 I was able to get into my writing more seriously due to my personal circumstances which changed. It's been a real joy to be able to devote substantial time to it.

8. Who are your favorite Authors?

Kim Carmichael is my bestie and one of my favorite authors to read as well. Another big favorite is Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I like them both for the same reason, they make me laugh and they make me go awww. 

9. Who inspires you?

My Sensei who I dedicated the book to is my inspiration at all times, and Kim Carmichael is the person who pushes me to be better. She's been awesome to mentor me and I know Journey to the UnderWorld would never have seen the light of day without her urging.

10. What suggestions can you offer to anyone wanting or thinking of becoming a writer?

Follow your heart and chase your dreams. It's hard work, but worth it. Be true to your muse and tell the story you want to tell no matter what. Most of all...WRITE and keep learning.

11. Does writing come easily for you?

Yes and no. When I get really into the story, it almost writes itself at times. Words fly from my fingers at those times. I'm a total panster, I write by the seat of my pants with very little plotting. That's the hard part of my process. I will be going along just fine and then suddenly I realize, I can't answer the question of what happens next. That's the time that I panic for a bit. Then I usually have a good chat with Sensei or Kim and get my story back on track. LOL

12. Have you ever had "Writers block?"

No not really. Sometimes the writing is slower than other times, but essentially there is always something to write. I push through the slow times. My main issue is finding time to write, there are always other things to be doing or that pull my attention away from the story, but once I'm at the keyboard it's happening.

13. Of your own writings..... What is your favorite Novel?

The next one. :) They all have a special place in my heart. I love UnderWorld, but Dion has captivated me for the moment. My story coming out next month, The Last Date is fun too. Choosing a favorite is like trying to choose your favorite child I suppose.

14. Please provide for us your links to your social sites, and places to find your books:


15. Anything you'd like to add:

Thank you so much for this opportunity. You're awesome Deneale. I have to say that I appreciate all you do. 






No comments:

Post a Comment