2. Do you have any photos or descriptions of the characters, especially Dylan? Absolutely! The person that I used on the cover for Dylan is my niece, Chelsea. I knew she was my perfect Dylan about 1/3 of the way through the book. Dylan is that beautiful country girl that has no idea how pretty she is. She is loyal, a family girl, has so much talent as a song writer, and loves Tanner with a pure honest love!
***(The photos are throughout this piece)***
3. What motivates you to write? I am a goal focused person and one of my goals is to complete this Music & Lyrics Series before the year is up. My motivation is to continually grow as a writer and the best way for me to do that is to continue to write and read. Of course, hearing how much people enjoy my books is total motivation as well!
4. Who are your favorite Author(s)? I have many in different genres, but a few are Shel Silvertein, Jane Austen, and Tony Robbins. Those are three that have made a big impact on my love of the literary world, for different reasons, of course.
5. How long have you been writing and what all education have you had? I’ve been writing ever since I learned how to write. I have always been passionate about creating stories. I would consider myself street educated as far as writing is concerned.
6. Have you ever met any Authors and do you hope to meet any and or more? I went to my first book signing a month or so ago and met some insanely awesome Authors. I am signed up to do my first signing in Dallas 2017 and am so stinking excited! I love meeting all types of people and learn everything I can from anybody that is willing to take their time to share a golden nugget with me. To my surprise, I think there is a little bit of a fan girl living inside me just clawing to get out!
7. What is your most favorite book of all time? The Giving Tree. Even now, tears still form! (Yes, I am a total geek).
8. What are you working on now? I am working on book #2 of my Music & Lyrics Series. I haven’t named it yet, I’m waiting for it to speak to me more. I can tell you this, it is deep, emotional, and fabulous…and there will be a book 3 to close out the series.
9. Do you ever live through any of your characters? As often as possible. I create insanely awesome characters, people I admire, envy, and in some forms strive to mimic.
10. What are your hobbies? Aside from spending time with family, I have fallen in love with walking. I am a lifelong soccer player and enjoy it very much!
11. Please share with us your social links and book links:
@DebbieD_Author - https://twitter.com/DebbieD_Author
12. Anything to add: I absolutely love interacting with my readers. Please don’t hesitate to contact me and ask me questions, introduce yourself, and/or give me your opinion on my work! Thank you so much, Deneale’s Book Buzz!
About the Author:
My novels are sexy, funny, easy to read, contemporary, romantic, will push the edge of crazy, and unpredictable.
I was born and raised outside of Los Angeles, yes, I am a Valley Girl! I moved to Texas in 2006 and absolutely love it here. I bring to my books a city girl sass mixed in with sexy southern charm!
Enjoying my family is my number one joy. I am sarcastic, have a mouth like a Sailor, and was born without a filter...what you see is what you get!
I absolutely love interacting with my fans and welcome all comments, questions, and compliments...especially compliments! If you reach out to me, I will respond!
Thank you! I look forward to hearing from you.
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
If you’re someone who believes in romance, and soul mates, then this book will peak your interest. Especially those of you, like myself, who believe you can find them at a young age.
The main character in this book: “Chasing Lyrics” by Debbie Dickerson, is Dylan Brooks. She begins her story as one of those thirteen year olds, who is dealing with her body changing, but now she has to deal with moving too. Who wants to move after their Mom dies, and make new friends, and be the new kid? Yeah, no one, that’s who.
But you see, Dylan’s dad, knew she needed change, and he hoped it would help her.
Then Dylan met this fourteen year old boy next door, Tanner Staff, and his Mom, insisted that he would walk Dylan to school. This did not excite Dylan at all, to say the least. But what would happen, was not what anybody would expect, Dylan and Tanner became best of friends.
For years, sixteen to be exact, Dylan and Tanner are inseparable best of friends. They live in the same apartment complex in Austin, Texas. Dylan writes the songs, and Tanner sings them.
Whenever Tanner goes to date, or sleep with a woman, it goes through Dylan like a knife. But he sleeps with the roadies and women who drool over him and think he’s the hottest think since, well… since anything. Dylan doesn’t think she interested in Tanner, she can’t be, he is her best friend. But she does look at him, and admits to herself, from time to time, yeah he does look good.
One day, Tanner decides to take Dylan home, and like usual they sit there, and talk, and cuddle. They have always done this. They reminisce about the day, their performance, and plan the future, songs, drink a little, and even laugh, and watch some TV.
But this night was different. Tanner was noticing something, just how beautiful Dylan was, her eyes, her body, everything. But he shouldn’t do this, she is his best friend. As she lay there on him, he felt an erection growing. Wait, this couldn’t be happening, and shouldn’t be. Tanner got upset, and ran out of the room, and left Dylan for the night.
Eventually, Dylan and Tanner realize, they have something, and are something. And they realize they need to talk about it, and make a decision. Dylan explains that the songs she writes, are written about him, and Tanner explains, the reason he sings as perfect as he does, is because of Dylan.
Tanner and Dylan, realize that since it wasn’t just a friendship they have had all along, they have always been in love.
Then fate steps in, and a huge modeling contract takes Tanner around the world for six months. Jennifer Temple who is on the shoot with Tanner, wants him. She is going to try her best to try to get the man of her dreams.
I don’t want to ruin the ending, I will let you see if Tanner and Dylan remain together, or if Jennifer gets her way. But I will tell you this, I truly loved this book. I found this writer, and this book in a facebook party, and she was advertising it, and I fell in love with the details immediately. I knew I had to read it. And once I did, I was in love. The fact that the writer: Debbie Dickerson took teens, and have them make a name for themselves was impressive. Usually people like to make teens fail, but not this time, I truly like that. I enjoyed this book from cover to cover. I give it five beautiful colorful stars! This was an amazing heartfelt read! It was everything I wanted and then some! Thank you for the opportunity to review this book!
View all my reviews