Friday, December 11, 2015

Wings of Darkness Book 1/Immortal Sorrows Series by Sherrie A. Wingler



Wings of Darkness

Book 1 of the Immortal Sorrows Series
Sherrie A. Wingler

Isabel gets into a car accident, and as we all know when you’re dying, the Angel of Death comes looking for you! This is where Asher intervenes. 

As you may suspect, Izzy, suddenly begins healing, and she becomes concerned with her new self.

Izzy’s best friend Gwen listens to her as she shares her own personal events and also is more than a friend, but also a true confidant. 

Asher and Izzy become close and learn amazing things about one another, and themselves, and together they become more amazing than ever before. Love guides them and makes them more powerful than they could ever imagine. 

You will fall in love with Izzy and Asher, and even her best friend Gwen. This book was a truly inspirational read, written much better than “Twilight.” Personally I found it more appealing than the all the characters and the whole “Twilight Saga”, because the characters were more life-like, and personable. They felt and seemed like more natural and realistic. No offense to those who think “Twilight” is the best. I beg to differ, and I have read a lot.

You truly need to give this book a read, especially if you even remotely think “Twilight” is good. After you read this, I think you will think differently. I give “Wings of Darkness” five stars, because I truly fell in love with the romance, and survival story. It was an amazing read, well written, and easy to follow along, and understand. I truly enjoyed this story, and I think you will too!

Here are my questions for Sherrie:

1.What made you write this?

I think this was the turn my midlife crisis took! Seriously. I turned 40 and decided that
book I’d always wanted to read wasn’t going to write itself. I wanted to write paranormal
romance because I love reading it. I just wanted something a little different from the usual
vampire or werewolf/shifter novel. So I made my main character Death. Then Fate and
Time got involved and all hell broke loose!

2. How long did it take to write this? 

It took 8 months to write, but a lot of that was figuring out how to self-publish. I also had a ton of procrastinating to do, because that’s just part of the process. Plot, procrastinate,
then write in a blind panic as the deadline looms… You get the picture!

3. Do you have any photos or pictures or descriptions of any of your characters?

I have some awesome covers designed by the amazing Danella Miller of Danella’s
Designs. I’m including the link here and I encourage you to go visit her. She also does
website design and gorgeous photography! http://danellasdesigns.com/

4. Any suggestions to anyone wanting to become a writer?

Study your craft. Don’t put just anything out there and slap your name on it. Teach
yourself the basics before you go crazy and try to write a whole series. Also, it doesn’t
hurt if you turn into a marketing ninja. Nobody tells you that Indie authors are not only
writers, but the CEO of their own little publishing empire. All the marketing is on you, so
take the time to do it properly. Oh, and also, other writers aren’t competition. They’re yourco-workers and they will build you up like nobody else can, because they know what you’re going through.

5. Who are your favorite Author(s)?

There are so many! Ok, all-time favorite will always be Charlotte Bronte. Love me some
“Jane Eyre.” I’m heavily read in the classics and that book never gets old for me.
Current authors: DM Singh for “Regina: The Monster Inside,” (and I believe there’s going to be a 2nd book released in a matter of weeks!) Claudette Melanson for “Rising Tide: Dark Innocence.”  Those are both awesome vampire series you don’t want to miss out on.

6. How long have you been writing?

I wrote a book when I was 19 and put it away. I thought I was done. As it turns out, it was just practice. I haven’t written much of anything for 20 years, but then I started writing again when I turned 40, so there was a pretty huge gap there between wanting to and actually doing.

7. What are your hobbies? 

If you ask my husband, I collect cats. Lol. No, seriously I have rescued as many little critters as I could manage. Now that we’re at capacity, I stick to donating to the ASPCA and my local shelter.As far as other hobbies, I don’t really have time for one. My regular job gives me a whopping 2 days off a month, and writing and marketing take up the rest of my downtime. I wrote my books in an hour a day because some days that’s all the time I had. 

8. What are you working on now? 

I’m working on a couple of things. A short prequel to The Immortal Sorrows series. “A Glimpse into Darkness.” It’s going to be novella length and priced as cheaply as I can possibly make it as a thank you to the current followers of my series and also as an introduction for new readers. I’m also working on book 3 of the series, “Wings of Defiance.” It mainly follows two of the secondary characters, Grim and Gwen. They’re such strong characters, people were asking for more so that’s what I did. I gave them a book.Defiance is coming slower than the first two books because I took off for the summer to renovate a house. The house is almost finished now, so I’m getting back into my books which makes me very happy. 

9. Please provide for us any ways to follow you and your work: 

Sign up for updates on my blog (I swear I won’t give out your email, and I don’t spam!)

10. Anything extra you would care to add:

I just wanted to thank you for taking time out to read and review my books! There’s nothing better than getting feedback on a book, so for anyone out there reading this, leave reviews for your authors. Whether they’re Indie or traditionally published, I guarantee that they read every review.



Wings of Darkness (The Immortal Sorrows, #1)Wings of Darkness by Sherri A. Wingler
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Isabel gets into a car accident, and as we all know when you’re dying, the Angel of Death comes looking for you! This is where Asher intervenes.

As you may suspect, Izzy, suddenly begins healing, and she becomes concerned with her new self.

Izzy’s best friend Gwen listens to her as she shares her own personal events and also is more than a friend, but also a true confidant.

Asher and Izzy become close and learn amazing things about one another, and themselves, and together they become more amazing than ever before. Love guides them and makes them more powerful than they could ever imagine.

You will fall in love with Izzy and Asher, and even her best friend Gwen. This book was a truly inspirational read, written much better than “Twilight.” Personally I found it more appealing than the all the characters and the whole “Twilight Saga”, because the characters were more life-like, and personable. They felt and seemed like more natural and realistic. No offense to those who think “Twilight” is the best. I beg to differ, and I have read a lot.

You truly need to give this book a read, especially if you even remotely think “Twilight” is good. After you read this, I think you will think differently. I give “Wings of Darkness” five stars, because I truly fell in love with the romance, and survival story. It was an amazing read, well written, and easy to follow along, and understand. I truly enjoyed this story, and I think you will too!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment