2. How long did it take you to write this book? After researching, the first draft took me a few weeks.
3. Did you have to do any research for the character Dr. Sage Wilcot? I had to learn all about what a volcanologist does, scientific terminology, and something as basic as how her hair would behave in a particular climate. When I build a heroine, I always craft her personality, the physical appearance, and a back story to her life to make her as real as possible to me and my readers.
4. Did you do any sort of research for the Volcano Mt. Etna on Santorini Island? I researched live updates on the status of of the volcano at Santorini. I learned a lot about the structure of it, the nature of its behavior, and the mythology of how Atlantis may be hidden beneath the volcano.
5. Who is/are your favorite Author(s)? My favorite authors are Jayne Ann Krentz, Linda Howard, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Karen Marie Moning, Nora Roberts, Heather Graham, and Christine Feehan, to name a few.
6. What is your very most favorite book? Oooh, that's a tough one! The first book that touched my heart is called, The Great Good Thing, by Roderick Townley. It's a children's book, actually, but the theme spoke to my heart, and the way Townley broke through the fourth wall was so unique! I highly recommend it to anyone who dares to believe.
8. What all education have you had? I have a BA in Psychology and I'm certified to teach. I couldn't begin to count up the thousands of hours of professional development that I've accrued over the years, and I'm still accruing!
9. What do you suggest to people wanting to become a writer? I suggest they.... DO IT! Then I recommend they learn the basics of good writing before setting out to do so.
10. What are your hobbies? I love photography. There's something about capturing a moment in time in a photograph that has me hooked. Then, music! Music is the soundtrack of my life. It lifts me up when I'm down, inspires me when I've lost my way, and celebrates my joy.
11. Please provide for us your links to follow you socially and find your books:
Dare to Believe
Founder, Realizing Your Dreams, Structured Writing Retreats ~ June 17-19, 2016
Co-chair, Arizona Dreamin' ~ June 1-4, 2017
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I was lucky enough to meet Deena at another facebook event. She was promoting her book, and wanted a loud mouth. Hi, I am a loud mouth. But, that isn’t the only reason I offered to be a big mouth for Deena. When she told me about her book, I totally flipped. I am a lover of books, especially with mythology.
This book “Burning Sage” takes place on Santorini Island where a dormant Volcano has decided to wake up and shake things up. A scientist Dr. Sage Wilcot has decided that is what she wants to investigate in this expedition taking place in June.
Even though Dr. Thomas Conrad had been the lead on this expedition, and Dr. Wilcot who was much wiser and grew up knowing every detail about this volcano-in the end she won three times over.
Then while there, low and behold, Dr. Wilcot finds Emmanouel, the last prince of Atlantis. And he has a story to tell. Not only that, the two of them, will have a long lost civilization to restore. But that's not until Emmanouel actually convinces Dr. Wilcot of everything. Once she becomes a believer, than everything is about to change. But is she sure she wants or should believe this?
First, ask yourself this? Is Dr. Wilcot with her degree from Northern Pennsylvania University going to believe this? Does she want to? I mean is this- this gorgeous hunk of a man pulling her leg? Would you believe it?
But what do you have to lose right? Emmanouel has a problem that he needs solved. He needs to find someone, anyone, to tell this, his very story to. If he doesn’t, he will remain here forever. Sage, then figures it couldn’t hurt to listen, real or not. He was worthy of listening to, and anything else he might want her to do.
Dr. Sage Wilcot, was able to bring mythology forward and fall in love, all while in a days work. What more could you ask for? The question is, what will become of Emmanouel after he tells his story? What will happen next? You will need to read this fascinating story, and see for yourself!
I truly loved this book, in every sense of the word. It was fascinating, and so deeply written. I felt like I even learned so much. I give “Burning Sage” five stars, and think if you love a mix of romance, with a twist of mythology, this is the right book for you. It was an extreme pleasure reviewing this book, and an even better pleasure getting to know the writer Deena. She has a true talent for making you believe anything you read, and wanting to read even more!
View all my reviews