Saturday, February 6, 2016

Into the Heat By Tamara Lush



Into the Heat

By Tamara Lush

There’s a small Island of the Coast of Florida. known as Palmira Island, where the handsome and sexy Leo Villeneue has returned from Afghanistan as a War Veteran, hoping to avoid the pain of his past.

There while Leo is enjoying the beautiful beach where the sun shines making the sand look like diamonds and the ocean like heaven; Leo runs into the one woman he’s never forgotten: Jessica Clarke. 

Leo and Jessica manage to rekindle their love and it was as hot and as steamy as the warm Florida sun. The only problem being is that sexy tattooed hunk, has a secret he can’t afford to give up. 

It’s not just dealing with his PTSD, but Leo doesn’t want to ruin what he finally has gotten back. And Jessica is tickled with the fact that Leo is not bothered with the fact that she has put on a little weight, thus proving her does see her for physical attributes. Together they see one another without their faults, but are afraid of making mistakes.

As I read this book, I could see the ties into her last book, “Hot Shade” because the books are both about the Florida coast and how the beach and sex just coincide. 

However, “Into the Heat” seemed quite a bit more eccentric to me, because I felt like the couple were more lifelike. People today aren’t shaped perfectly, and do come with problems such as PTSD, and therefore this gave the book a little more umph and made it much more plausible. I truly adored this book, and give it five stars without question. I love looking at it with a Military outlook, and second chances. This book is a true heart throb meant to happen. I am glad I able to read and review it! I most definitely enjoyed it!

Here are my questions for Tamara:


1. What led to this book and how long did it take to write?

My best friend and I were walking near Treasure Island, a Gulf Coast beach, one November. It was right around Thanksgiving and we ran into a giant sand sculpting competition. These weren't just kiddie sandcastles -- they were elaborate sculptures. Artistic, even. As we walked around, I noticed a very handsome man sculpting—he was kneeling in the sand wearing nothing but shorts and his hands were all dirty. I looked at my friend and said, "This would make a good scene in a novel." I've known my friend since we were little, and we immediately started planning and plotting the book. We do that often -- wait until we break out the Aussie firefighter ideas.


2. Did you do any research for this book?

I did research various combat-related disorders for Leo, the main character. He suffers not only from PTSD, but from something called "Moral Injury," which is when someone suffers harm to their moral conscience. This condition isn't spoken about much, and it emphasizes the psychological, cultural, and spiritual aspects of trauma.


3. Where is your favorite writing spot?

I write in three places: at my kitchen table, or on my treadmill desk. Generally all of the serious writing takes place at the table. It's a peaceful nook that I love. When I read my work or self-edit, I generally use the treadmill desk. I don't like to sit a lot and get restless if I do, so walking slowly and writing/reading is perfect for me. When I really have to focus, I head to a local cafe. Somehow I am best able to focus when there's chaos around me -- that's probably the years of being in a newsroom as a journalist. This can get awkward, though, if I'm writing a sex scene. Once I looked up and saw a former colleague. I think I blushed.


4. Do you have plans for another book?

I have plans for many books! I have more ideas than I know what to do with. Right now I'm working on another story for Boroughs. It's a third book set on the island of Palmira (where Into the Heat and Hot Shade were set). The third story is about Catalina, who is the best friend of the heroine in Into the Heat. This will also be a second chance trope. I can only say a few things: the hero is Italian-Puerto Rican. And he's a sexy geek.


5. What do you like best about writing?

I love writing about the rush of lust at the point it turns to love. It's such a heady, powerful emotion, those first stirrings of attraction. Trying to capture that again and again on the page is so much fun.


6. What do you suggest to anyone wanting to start a writing career?

Read, and then read some more. Read all different genres and read the classics. If you don't have money for school, there are free literature courses through Coursera that are taught by top university teachers. One I would recommend is The Fiction of Relationship -- it's a free class through Coursera and it's a rigorous, 12-week class that features many classic novels.


7. What keeps you inspired to write?

I write in my day job as a reporter. Those stories are interesting and inspiring because I meet all kinds of people who persevere against horrible odds. I also love being a journalist because I'm nosy. Fiction is a little different -- I have to be nosy within my own psyche to create stories. Fiction is also an excellent mental break from daily life.


8. Do you have any photos or descriptions of Leo and Jessica? (see attached photos)

Leo is from New Orleans, of Creole-Cajun-French Canadian descent. His mother's family were freed Haitian slaves, and his father's family was from Quebec. He's a Marine and is a big, strapping guy. He's got short hair, bronze skin and light eyes



Jessica is like the majority of women -- she's larger than she wants to be but is trying mightily to accept her body. She's tall and curvy, with long, curly blonde hair.
The kind of hair that people see on mermaids and on surfer girls -- the kind that makes other women jealous. Although she struggles with her body, Leo loves her curves. 


My favorite part of the book is when Leo and Jessica are kissing:
Leo brushed his lips against hers then looked into her eyes, which had darkened to emerald. Now was the time for his confession. “I’ve only ever been with one woman. And she’s right in front of me, wearing a Hello Kitty T-shirt with her legs wrapped around me. You know what size she is? Size sexy.”


9. Please provide for us your social media links and book links:



Twitter: @tamaralush

BARNES AND NOBLE: http://bit.ly/1NrCEIs





10. Anything to add:

I hope readers enjoy Into the Heat -- If they like books about first love and second chances, they should check it out! 

--
Find out more about my novel, HOT SHADE: https://booklaunch.io/tamaralush/hot-shade

                                                       www.BoroughsPublishing.com
 

Into the HeatInto the Heat by Tamara Lush
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There’s a small Island of the Coast of Florida. known as Palmira Island, where the handsome and sexy Leo Villeneue has returned from Afghanistan as a War Veteran, hoping to avoid the pain of his past.

There while Leo is enjoying the beautiful beach where the sun shines making the sand look like diamonds and the ocean like heaven; Leo runs into the one woman he’s never forgotten: Jessica Clarke.

Leo and Jessica manage to rekindle their love and it was as hot and as steamy as the warm Florida sun. The only problem being is that sexy tattooed hunk, has a secret he can’t afford to give up.

It’s not just dealing with his PTSD, but Leo doesn’t want to ruin what he finally has gotten back. And Jessica is tickled with the fact that Leo is not bothered with the fact that she has put on a little weight, thus proving her does see her for physical attributes. Together they see one another without their faults, but are afraid of making mistakes.

As I read this book, I could see the ties into her last book, “Hot Shade” because the books are both about the Florida coast and how the beach and sex just coincide.

However, “Into the Heat” seemed quite a bit more eccentric to me, because I felt like the couple were more lifelike. People today aren’t shaped perfectly, and do come with problems such as PTSD, and therefore this gave the book a little more umph and made it much more plausible. I truly adored this book, and give it five stars without question. I love looking at it with a Military outlook, and second chances. This book is a true heart throb meant to happen. I am glad I able to read and review it! I most definitely enjoyed it!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment